Digital formats for books
Prevent's digital books come in several different formats. When you buy a book, you can opt to download it in PDF format, or in some instances, in ePub format. PDF is a static format, designed to be read on large screens or in print, but we also produce e-books for reading on-screen (PC/tablet/smartphone) in ePub format that adapt the text to the screen, text and font size you prefer.
Both programs can be downloaded for free.
All our products are copy-protected, and cannot be shared with other users.
How do I download an e-book to my PC/e-reader/smartphone?
Answer: ePub is the standard format for e-books and can be used on most devices (PCs, tablets, e-readers and smartphones). You simply need to install a program/app that supports the ePub format and check that your device is fully updated. There is a range of programs and apps that you can choose from. Most are free to install or are default on your PC, tablet or smartphone.
Transferring an e-book from your PC to tablet or smartphone
- Download the e-book you want to save to a folder on your PC
- Open iTunes and go to Library. Select the file in the Library from the menu top left in iTunes. Alternatively, use Ctrl + O on your keyboard.
- Scroll to your e-book and click on Open. Your book will now be saved under Books in your iTunes library.
- Connect your iPad/iPhone, click on the "Books" menu in the iTunes library.
- Click on the iPad/iPhone icon to synchronise manually.
- Disconnect your iPad/iPhone and go to the iBooks app to find your e-book.
Recommended program: Apple iBooks (default) or Kobo reader
- Save the e-book on your PC.
- Connect an e-reader to your PC using a USB cable. It will appear as an external hard drive on your PC.
- Transfer the e-book file to your e-reader, and disconnect from the device.
Recommended program: Google Play Books (default), Bluefire Reader or Kobo reader (check your device is fully updated).